I really want to go on a long rant right now but it might also be because I’m hungry so I’ll talk about food instead.
I’m eating a zucchini a day, people.
They’re not even from our pitiful garden this year. They’re from *gasp* the grocery store, but I don’t care! They’re so good! You should eat one every day too! And a bunch of other veggies! Because you really just can’t eat too many!
-1 yellow squash
-1 large tomato
-a splash or two of red wine
-1/2 cup water
-2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- Chop eggplant and toss in heated skillet with olive oil. Sauté while chopping other veggies.
- Throw onion, zucchini, and squash in the pan and sauté until just starting to get soft.
- Add tomato, wine, water, vinaigrette and sauté until most liquid has been cooked out/veggies are soft.
- Add rosemary, thyme, basil, salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Sautee for a few more minutes, give it some stirs.
Maybe even put some cheese on top. Shovel it in to your face. Because who cares. It’s vegetables.
I really must run – a fire truck just went by and woke up all the coyotes. I need to tuck them all back in.